On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Maciej W Rozycki <macro@linux-mips.org> wrote:
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> I tried to get my hands on a m96 some two or three weeks ago, but in
> the end, it was "way" too expensive for me.
>
> If anybody has a '96 around, please let me know.

 The /96 is no different from /90 or /90A.  Or are you after performance?
I expect the time required to natively bootstrap GCC on one of these
machines to be in the range of three to four weeks, so I suppose 30% of a
difference in performace will matter to some extent. ;)

90 price is in the "hundreds" range, maybe between $200 to $400 On the other hand, 96 price is in the "thousand" range, maybe between $1200 to $1600. This is because 96 is still sought by certain industry. I have had three 96's and one or two 90's, so I knew the difference.The result is I sold my 96 and used the money to buy other more interesting,  less expensive items.

vax9000

 


 Maciej
_______________________________________________
Linux-Vax mailing list
Linux-Vax@mail.pergamentum.com
http://mail.pergamentum.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-vax