On Fri, 2009-03-06 11:55:32 +1030, Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin@adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
So what tasks could I work on?
I have a gcc-HEAD based VAX kernel-only compiler, Maciej has a 4.1.x based one, which is probably even soon capable of building userland applications. However, the very next step is to forward-port our old kernel patches to a recent snapshot. I guess that's nothing that could easily be done in parallel. If you'd like to build something, I'd suggest you prepare a present to Maciej and implement H_floats in GCC. This means to write an encode and a decode function (building the binary representation of a float value supplied as a broken-up struct and versa vice). This is done in gcc/float.c, as examples (straight forward) there are already the encoders/decoders for F, D and G floats in that file. The final part is to wire them up in the gcc/config/vax/ directory, but for now only in the Linux case. I'll send a build receipt and the current set of patches to the list soon. MfG, JBG -- Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de +49-172-7608481 Signature of: Träume nicht von Dein Leben: Lebe Deinen Traum! the second : _______________________________________________ Linux-Vax mailing list Linux-Vax@pergamentum.com http://www.pergamentum.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-vax